Seminario Interuniversitario de Investigación en Ciencias Matemáticas
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR MINISYMPOSIA OR THEMATIC SESSIONSThe Organizing Committee of the SIDIM 2023 invites interested parties to submit proposals for minisymposia or thematic sessions.
Purpose: SIDIM's Minisymposia or Thematic Sessions provide a mechanisms to gather common interest groups of the proponents on subjects that may not have enough numbers to organize a separate congress, thus avoiding the complexities of the organization of a full meeting.
Types: A Minisymposia or Thematic Session may be:
- Focused: specialized in
a research current subject. Its main purpose is the discussion between
peers that reflect or could evolve in collaborative research.
- International: with
participants from different countries and/or regions showing diverse
approaches to a research area.
- Tutorials: with the
purpose of communicating the state of the art on a subject to an
audience not necessarily familiar to that area.
- Educational: about undergraduate and graduate mathematical education. This may include curricular development and/or assessment, professional development and projects formulated for, or produced by, developing mathematicians.
Proposal content: A proposal for a Thematic Session or Minisymposium should include the following information:
- Title: Describe the subject area as accurately and specifically as possible.
- Organizer: Provide complete name, affiliation, postal and electronic address, and telephone number of the organizer.
- Summary: Describe your Thematic Session or Mini symposium in about 300
words as it will appear in the congress program. A text
addressed to specialists as well as to researchers from related areas
is recommended. The following outline is also suggested:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and its importance.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems, including their advantages and shortcomings.
- Describe the scope of your thematic session or minisymposium.
- Support: List the sponsors that will fund travel, housing and stipends of speakers as they should appear in the program (if applicable).
- Speakers: List the complete names, affiliations, postal and electronic address and talk title for all proposed speakers. Talks abstracts should be send to SIDIM by the abstract submission deadline. Be sure to include the appropriate thematic session or minisymposium title when submitting the abstracts for the session.
- The organizer of the thematic session or minisymposium should take special care in selecting a first speaker who could provide a panoramic view of the subject area, its open problems, and suggest possible new venues for research. Researchers with such capacity and motivations are specially welcomed to submit proposals.
- Thematic Session or Minisymposium organizers are encouraged to reflect diversity and balance in the speakers' genders and ethnic background and type of institution to which they are affiliated.
- Speakers preferably may not have the same affiliation or be co-authors of the works being presented.
- SIDIM inscription and activities fees are not waived for minisymposia speakers. The organizer who wish to provide such incentive to participants should provide the corresponding payments to the SIDIM Organizing Committee.
Evaluation and deadlines: The proponents should send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2023. SIDIM's Technical Committee will evaluate the proposals for thematic sessions or minisymposium and notify organizers of final approval.
Additional Information: For additional information you may contact the SIDIM Permanent Committee by email email@example.com, or by phone at (787) 850-9386.